Friday, October 9, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Your Favorite Team

This is my first time to participate in Kelly's Korner's "Show Us Your Life" series. I am so excited to be joining in (even though it is late in the game).

This week we are showing off our Favorite Team. And I am sure that I am one of many who are choosing the Arkansas Razorbacks! I did not go to U of A, but my husband did. My love for the Razorback comes from living in Arkansas my whole life and having Grandparents that went to school there.

In fact, my Grandfather helped to create the Woo Pig Sooie cheer. I am telling the absolute true! Ed F. McDonald Sr. was co-captain of the “yell squad” at U of A in the early 1930’s. He and his co-captain wanted a cheer that the fans could join in and yell with them. Woo Pig Sooie is what they came up with. This story is documented in the U of A alumni magazine.

And I must do a fast shout out to my favorite high school team, The Tigers of Little Rock Central High. There was so much school spirit at my high school!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so cool about your grandfather!! :)

rachel said...

i saw your link on kelly's blog and I KNEW IT WAS YOU--AWWW...I know my pledge sister! love you girl!!! hope your weekend is great! and thank you to your grandfather-we love that cheer around here--addelyn does too! :)

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

That's so neat about your grandfather! I live in Fayetteville and LOVE my Razorbacks, so I think this is just too cool : )

Cute blog!

nanny said...

That is just an awesome story!!! I was reading all of the titles on the link at Kelly's blog and yours caught my attention!!!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a great story....I have a great giveaway on both my blogs that will be given away this weekend....and all you have to do is comment.......so hope you will stop by.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/