Thursday, October 1, 2009

Always have a back up plan

First - I found out yesterday that my mom really does read my blog. Hi Mom!!

Second - Mom taught me to have a back up plan. Thanks Mom.

Now that is out of the way - I might have bitten off more than I can chew. I will be cooking dinner for my in-laws on Friday night. Also all day Friday I will be cooking BBQ pork and BBQ beef to serve on Saturday for about 20 people. And on Tuesday we are having our small group over for dessert.

But never fear - I have a plan and a back up plan. I am very confident that I can pull off dinner for the in-laws. If it all goes up in smoke (ha ha ha, get it?) then we will just take them out to eat.

I am not so sure about the BBQ. I have never cooked my own BBQ before and I choose my first time to be when I have to serve 20 people!! (I never back down from a challenge!) But the back up plan is to go buy meat from a BBQ restaurant if it doesn't work out.

I was getting a little panicked about the small group coming over. My first plan was to make about three or four different batches of cookies. But that is very time consuming. So my back up plan for that is dump cake. What is dump cake you ask?? The easiest dessert I know how to make.

So in conclusion - I have bitten off more than I can chew, but I have a back up plan! I'll let you know how it all turns out.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I love dump cake! Good choice!