Last Thursday we had my Dad and his wife over for dinner. I really wanted to make a good impression. I only had 1 hour to put dinner together and clean up the house. I started to put the lasagna together. Brett got home and I asked him to make the Cheese Biscuits. Well I was trying to tell Brett and story and I got the lasagna layers all out of order. I got mad at myself! I have made lasagna a million times . . . I told Brett that I couldn't talk I had to concentrate. As I am focused on the lasagna Brett asks where the baking soda is. The thing is Cheese Biscuits don't need baking soda. Brett realized that he was making the recipe at the top of the page - not the Cheese biscuits at the bottom of the page. He had put in a Tablespoon and a half of salt in the mix. He just doubled the recipe and it end up being fine.
Needless to say I was flustered!!! I was sweating bullets - literally. I was sweating. I went over to the thermostat and it was 80 degrees in our house!!! I turned it down to 60 degrees. Nothing happened. I turned it off and back on. Nothing happened. I turned to fan only. Nothing happened. I started to panic! My Dad would be here in 20 min and it was 80 degrees. I ran around and turned off all the lights and turned the fans on high. Brett ran outside to check the breaker.
But the trouble didn't end there. . . .To find out what happened you will have to check back tomorrow . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment