The next part of our story is a happy chapter! Brett and I filled out the first form for Bethany Christian Services and we were invited to the quarterly information meeting. It really was a blessing from God that we turned in this paper work when we did. The meeting was just three days away! If we had waited one more week we would have had to wait another three months till the next info meeting.
The info meeting gave us so much to think about and process, but it didn't slow us down. We requested the big packet of paperwork from Bethany and we were officially stated with the adoption process! We couldn't wait to start telling family and friends.
There was such joy and happiness. We felt so confident in this decision and had such clear direction from the Lord. We felt that we would be picked by a birth mother quickly and move on to being parents. We just knew that those in our life would feel the same way and we would blissfully walk down this path.
I can imagine this period of time would be a lot like when a couple finds out they are pregnant but haven't told family or friends. They are giddy with excitement and share this special secret.
Chapter 2 was a pretty short chapter. As soon as we started sharing with family and friends about our plans we were meet with resistance. We quickly moved into Chapter 3 which is not a very happy chapter. It is filled with questions, waiting, anger, more questions, and tough conversations. I feel that we are still currently in Chapter 3. My hope is to share in as much detail as possible what this part of the journey looks like for us.
I have three goals is sharing:
1) Help me process my thoughts and feelings.
2) Help friends and family understand more about infertility and adoption and in the process.
3) Encourage other families who are walking down this path or will some day walk this path.
I am sure that as I share it will sound like one big pity party. It is certainly not going to be very pretty. But I want to make one thing clear - God is the one who is writing this story! There is sadness and hurt in this story, but we know there will be joy and happiness too. This process is not just about us expanding our family and adopting a child. This process is all about us becoming more Christ-like. Our faith has been tested and has grown so much. When God needs to clear out some of the bad stuff in your life to make room for the good stuff, it is not easy!
2 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing your story, Jill. I look forward to seeing how God completes your story and your family. Love to you all.
Rebecca Ann
Thank you for sharing!!
Post a Comment