Sunday, March 29, 2009

#1 and #25

My first geo cache find was while we were on our honeymoon. I know we are a nerdy couple, but we were made for each other. I had looked on the geo caching web site before we left and I knew there were a few caches around the Big Cedar area. Brett logged them into his phone (it really a computer that can make phone calls) and we headed out. Once we got pretty close to the spot we parked and started hiking to find the cache. We had to "off road it" as Brett likes to call it and head off into the woods. I am deathly afraid of snakes so as I step off into the woods I say, "I hope we don't find any snakes." Brett spots the cache right away, but kindly lets me keep hunting for it. He knew what to look for and I was clueless. Once I finally spotedit I go running over towards it. I start to reach for a few pieces of wood that were covering it and I scream and jump back about three feet. There was a snake! A rubber snake!! It scared me to death. Brett just died laughing at me!!!! Once my heart rate came back down to normal I open the cache and log our visit to it. From then on I was hooked!

Our 25th find was at the cemetery where my Grandparents are buried. It will always be a special spot for me. They are buried at Lost Creek Cemetery in Sheridan. Brett and I plan to go back down there with my mom in the next month or so. We will once again visit the cemetery where my Grandparents are buried and another cemetery where my Great-grandparents are. Also we plan to visit the Grant County Museum. My Great-Grandfather's home is a part of the museum. I have some vague memories of that place as a child so it is always fun to visit there again. And we will try to grab as many caches in Sheridan as we can.

Well that is story behind our #1 and #25. We found #35 today so we are making good progress.

1 comment:

gary & kimber said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! We enjoyed doing "letterboxing" with the kids, which sounds similar, just not quite as high tech. ;-)