I have mentioned before that Brett and I like to go geo caching. You might be wondering what in the world that is! I am here to educate you.
This a quote from http://www.geocaching.com/ : "Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment."
So that is geo caching in a nut shell. For us it means that we get to play with our GPS's, get out doors, spend time together, find neat stuff in neat locations, and most of all - competition! Brett and I are both competitive. We both try to find the spot first and I like to reach "mild stones" of getting 25, 50, 100 caches.
If you look on the right hand side of our blog you can see a geo caching status box. We are currently at 27 caches and counting. In the next post I will tell about our 1st cache and our 25th cache.
1 comment:
Hmmm.... maybe this is something Bill can do when he retires :-) Actually it sounds like a ton of fun!
Post a Comment