Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today is mother's day.  Brett and I are so thankful for our wonderful mothers and grandmothers.  We are blessed to be celebrating with them this weekend.

However....  mother's day can be a hard day for a lot of people.  If you mother has passed away or is sick it can be hard.  If you have lost a relationship with your mother or if you relationship is tense it can be hard.  If you have lost a child, had a miscarriage, or are dealing with infertility, it can be hard.  If you are adopted or are a birth mother it can be hard.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I just wanted to acknowledge that in the middle of celebrating there can be hurt.  So if you or someone you know might be having a hard time today, please know that I care.  I am praying for you and hope that the Lord's comfort will surround you.

No comments: