The final payment is in the mail for our mattress. When we got married we both had full size beds. We very quickly upgraded to a queen with a pillow top. We lovingly call it the cloud.
When we bought it we got a year and half interest free - same as cash. We took advantage of the offer and have paid it off in full before the interest kicked in. I would recommend this method of purchasing big ticket items - as long as you know that you can pay off the full amount before the interest takes effect. The interest rate would have been 27.99% that is $500 extra!
We also bought our washer and dryer this way. But we got two full years to pay it off. It was an amazing deal that Sear offered for about two weeks. I think the plan is to pay this one off even earlier and then we will be debt free!!! That is a wonderful feeling!
I encourage any one who is in debt to take action to pay down your debt. It is possible to live debt free.
1 comment:
Congrats! I just spent some time catching up and can't believe the tarantula! Eek! Oh, and I can't wait to try that creamy taco recipe. I made your Christmas egg casserole the other day and thought of you! Looking forward to some pics of Carew. Oh, and a recent Southern Living did a spread on Pioneer Woman, which I thought was super cool!
Post a Comment