Monday, July 6, 2009

Picking Out Colors

Brett and I have made a trip to Home Depot to check out paint colors. We are thinking about a light brown/tan for the walls with a crisp white for the trim. Our accent color would be a darker shade of the brown, but not deep brown. Then we are throwing around the idea of green in our bathroom.

But I would love to hear your suggestions!!!

The carpet is a light tan color. We have light wood cabinets in the kitchen. Our bathroom has a white shower curtain with mocha towels. Our bed room has light wood furniture, with a brown and cream bed spread. The hall bathroom has a green, brown, and blue striped shower curtain with forest green towels.

Please leave your ideas in the comment suggestion!

4 comments:

Allyson Petty said...

If you've been to my house, you know I LOVE brown walls! and ps-we think he looks just like me! Poor thing! Ha!

Laura said...

your bedroom--i think you need a cornflower blue wall . . . it'd look great with the brown i think.

April C said...

One of my favorite color strips is the one from Sherwin Williams that has Kilim Beige, Nomadic Dessert, Latte and Hopsack on it. We've used several of the colors in our house. I don't think you've seen the kitchen since we've painted it, so feel free to stop by if you want to see a visual of any of the colors. Good luck! Just let me know when you want to do some wall paper stripping and I'll come help.

Emily said...

How fun that you bought a house! It's cute as can be, too.

We're building right now, and we're going with a warm tan on the walls with white trim as well. We're using a color called "bagel" from Sherwin Williams.

How is it that I didn't know you had a blog??