Thursday, December 29, 2011

Long Time with no update

It has been over a month with out an update here on the blog.  Life just got busy and then the holiday season hit. But here is what has been going on for the past month:

Home Study:  We have completed all three parts of the home study.  Both of us were pretty nervous about this part.  We were not told anything about what questions we would be asked.  Part one was at our house and we were interviewed together.  We talked about general things.  Some of the topics were, why we want to be parents, how we feel about adoption, how our family feels about things and then an overview of our family and home life.  Also, the social worker toured the home and checked for safety issues.  We had to make sure we have a fire extinguisher, the medicine is out of reach of a child, etc.  Once we met our social worker we felt at easy and very comfortable with her.  She did a great job of explaining everything to us.

Part two of the home study:  We met at the Bethany office and Brett and I were interviewed separately.  This time we went into detail about our childhood and teenage years.  We talked about our goals/dreams  and our strengths and weaknesses.

Part three of the home study:  We met back at our home and this time we talked in detail about our marriage. We shared how we met and fell in love.  We also talked about how we resolve conflict and share chores.  This was my favorite part of the home study.  I have a wonderful husband and I loved bragging on him!

Over all the home study was not bad at all.  But anyone would be nervous about having your life "inspected".  I will say that it was very emotionally draining.  After each part I just felt wiped out.  We are waiting for a supervisor to read over and sign off on the official home study report.  This should happen shortly after the new year.  Next we need to finish our profile book and get it printed.  Then we will just be waiting.

The waiting is the hardest part of this process!  I have all kinds of emotions swirling around right now.  The Lord is working on my heart and mind and I am having to trust Him.  I know there is plan in all of this and we will trust and wait for the right child at the right time.

1 comment:

Dawne C. said...

A couple of us visited with Beverly today & we were talking about how close you guys are now! Has Brett finished his part of the album :)
SO excited for what the next few months (and then years!) hold for the Wait and Davis families!