There might not be much going on here for the next three months. Work is really busy. We have two MAJOR projects going on right now. The funny part is they happen at the exact same time. It feels like a three ring circus! It takes all my focus and energy to work so I come home wiped out. The blog will be on the back burner for now. But here are a few random thoughts . . .
Our cat Patches is prego. I think she will have kittens in about three weeks. We are looking for good homes for them. If her first litter of cats is any indication, these are going to be some cute cats!! I'll even throw in some free cat food.
Brett has started a blog. Check it out. He will talk about "Man Things", and leave me to talk about "Woman Things" on this blog. He has been working on lots of projects around the house.
Speaking of Brett, he has had one job interview so far. It went really well and we are just playing the waiting game to see what happens. In the mean time, he has found more places to apply and we are still praying for wisdom and guidance.
The budget thing is going well. Which is a really good thing because we have to pay Uncle Sam a big chunk of change. I have never had to pay taxes. I am not to happy about it at all. We do get a nice refund from the State, but it is not enough to cover what we owe to the Feds. *sigh* That is why we have savings and money set aside for emergencies. But it is no fun. :(
I am very, very, very ready for Spring. I need some sun shine and warmer weather. Because it has been so cold, I haven't gotten my birthday flowers yet. Every year around my birthday God grows little pink/white flowers in every one's yard. The day Mom and Dad brought me home from the hospital Martin went into the back yard and picked a handful for Mom and me. Ever since then we call them Birthday Flowers. (Most people call them weeds, but they just don't know the proper name.) So I am ready for some warmth and for God to grow some Birthday flowers.
I have finished our Christmas stockings and I have bought two more kits. They are matching. One is a tree skirt with the Twelve Days of Christmas. The other is ornaments of the Twelve Days of Christmas. I am really enjoying working on them. Now the race is one to finish them by December 2010. I am still thinking about making these felt Christmas decorations and selling them on etsy.com But I told myself that I had to finish the stockings, tree skirt, and ornaments before I started anything else. So we will see what happens . . . .
My birthday went really well. I got lots of cleaning supplies for Our House. We were able to go with our small group the day after my birthday and visit with the folks there. We had a good time playing Bingo, Uno, and Taboo. I think we can really help meet some needs there.
I am so glad we have cats. They each are so different! Tiger doesn't come around much. He is like a moody teenager who thinks his parents are lame. He will stop by to eat our food once in a while. He loves to go visit other houses in the neighborhood. He often smells like another woman's perfume. I think he has a hurt paw right now. I am guessing he is trying to be the Alpha Cat and not doing too good at it. I caught him running into the storm drain the other day. How he got out, I don't know. Also it looks like some one tried to give him a hair cut. My guess is a little girl got some gum stuck in his fur and they had to cut it out. Boots is our loyal and true one. He hardly ever leaves the back yard. And if he does leave, he just goes to the front yard. He loves to eat. If another cat is eating he always goes and joins them, even if he just ate right before that. He has become so sweet and loving. He will let anyone pet him and loves to cuddle on the couch with me. (Yes we do let them in the house sometimes). Patches has made the most dramatic change. She is very lovey and sweet now. Probably because she is prego. She loves to come into the house and explore. She loves to be petted and held. She comes running every time we open the back door. And she has become Brett's special helper in the shop!
That is about all that I can think of right now. I know it is a long post, but it might be all you get for awhile. In June I'll have time to catch back up and starting with November 2009. If you think about it say a prayer for Brett to find a job and a prayer for me to stay sane at mine.
2 comments:
We are forming an Arkansas Bloggers group and would love for you to link up to that. It's arkansasbloggers.blogspot.com. The email is arkansasbloggers at sbcglobal.net if you would like more information. We are just for fun. No requirements or harassment. Be sure to tell us your location as we will eventually organize by location. Thanks a bunch.
I love that you do things with the Our House shelter- I'm very impressed with what I know about them. Hope you have a good long relationship with them.
Post a Comment