Here is what you do. This is a full recipe, but I only add half the water to make a concentrate.
1) Grate a bar of soap in to a sauce pan. You can choose any bar of soap. I used Ivory because that is what we had in the house. But your bar of soap is what will give you a smell.
5) Let the water cool down some before you pour into your container if it is a softer plastic. I used an old Tide bottle that I had rinsed out (the 96 load size). This container was about 1.5 gallons. Use a funnel to pour into your container. Put the lid on a give it a few good shakes. Fill the bottle up with tap water. Put the lid back on again and shake some more.
This detergent will not bubble up like normal commercial detergent. It has done a great job of cleaning our clothes! The full recipe so you don't have to do any more mixing is to add 3 gallons of tap water. But I don't have a five gallon bucket to mix it in and I don't have a place to store 5 gallons.
I would love to know if you give this a try!
3 comments:
I've been wanting to make my own detergent for a long time, I'm going to have to try it now! How's it been working so far?
It works great! Now we don't have kids so I don't have to fight grass stains and major food stains. But Brett did go caving a few weekends ago and it did a good job of getting his muddy clothes clean. It was a clay mud so those clothes will never be the same.
i wonder if there is a recipe for H.E detergent. Our washer and dryer's owner's manual said that I can only use that! That is so neat that you did that though!
Post a Comment